Water Conservation Tips
Water conservation measures are an important first step in protecting our water supply. Such measures not only save the supply of our source water but can also save you money by reducing your water bill. Here are a few suggestions.
Indoor Conservation Tips:
- Fix leaking faucets, pipes, toilets, etc.
- Replace old fixtures and install water-saving devices in faucets, toilets, and appliances.
- Wash only full loads of laundry.
- Do not use the toilet for trash disposal.
- Take shorter showers.
- Do not let the water run while shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Soak dishes before washing
- Run the dishwasher only when full.
Outdoor Conservation Tips:
- Water the lawn and garden in the early morning or in the evening.
- Use mulch around plants and shrubs.
- Repair leaks in faucets and hoses.
- Use water-saving nozzles.
- Use water from a bucket to wash your car and save the hose for rinsing.