Important Information for Restaurant/Food Establishments looking to construct a new building or to remodel or expand an existing location.
To avoid timely and costly delays in the review process, food establishments should submit their plans to the Oakland County Food Division PRIOR to submitting to the Lyon Township Building Department.
Required forms and applicable fees for the subsequent items are available at the County Health- Food Division offices or on the following websites:
This helpful document provides a recap of the plan review process and a flow chart of items to complete BEFORE construction begins as well as follow-up items.
Food Establishment Plan Review Process and Flow Chart
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file name:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
- Building Permit and Plan Examination
- Request To Connect to Sanitary Sewer System Revised Jan 6 2020
- Deck Form
- Electrical Permit
- Engineering Plan Review Submit to the Planning Department
- Grading Permit
- Industrial Activity Statement
- Mechanical Permit
- Plumbing Permit
- Sign Permit
- Temporary Sign Permit - General
- Temporary Sign Permit - Political
- Tree Protection Permit
- Water System Connection / Tap Request & Meter
- Zoning Review